Simple Cherry Mini Pie Recipe
This recipe is very simple and can be made with frozen or jar cherries.
This makes 7 – 8 individual pies.
- 4 cups Pitted Tart Red Cherries
- 1 cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Place cherries into a saucepan over medium heat, and cover the pan; heat cherries until they release their juice and come to a simmer, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir often.
- In a bowl, whisk the sugar with cornstarch until smooth; pour the mixture into the hot cherries and juice, and thoroughly combine.
- Return to low heat, bring to a simmer, and cook until the filling has thickened, about 2 minutes; add extract and lemon, remove from heat, let cool, and use as pie filling.
- Cut 4 circles from the pie crust using the larger side of the Crust Cutting Tool, form the lower pie crusts into each pie cavity in the pie maker using the Crust Forming Tool. Be careful not to stretch or tear the crusts.
- Cut 4 circles for the top crust using the smaller side of the Crust Cutting Tool, form the upper crusts. Set the 4 smaller upper crusts aside.
- Equally fill the lower crusts with the cherry filling, spooning about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of filling into each crust.
- Top each pie with one of the smaller circles for the upper pie crust. If necessary, use the smaller side of the Crust
- Cutting Tool to cut away any excess crust. Do this only if the pie maker has cooled down.
- Whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon of water and brush lightly over the upper crust.
- Plug in the pie maker and bake 11 to 15 minutes until brown. Remove and cool completely.
- Whisk together confectioners’ sugar and 1 tablespoon water juice and vanilla. Adjust the water as needed so that it is drizzling consistency when the fork is lifted out.
- Drizzle the glaze lightly over each pie.