Rhubarb Berry Mini Pie Recipe
This recipe is great for berry and rhubarb pie lovers. Use bright red fresh rhubarb for this pie for maximum flavor.
This makes 7 – 8 individual pies.
- 1 Cup Fresh Blackberries
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 2 Cups Rhubarb, dice into 1/2" pieces
- 3/4 Cup White, Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoons Half-and-Half
- 2 Tablespoons White, Granulated Sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine blackberries, raspberries, and rhubarb.
- In a separate bowl, mix together ¾ cup sugar and ¼ cup flour. Sprinkle over fruit mixture and stir gently.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Before filling bottom pie crust, mix 1 Tbsp. melted butter and lemon juice into fruit filling, then spoon into bottom pie crust. Place top pie crust over filling.
- Brush lightly with half and half and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Cut 4 circles from the pie crust using the larger side of the Crust Cutting Tool, form the lower pie crusts into each pie cavity in the pie maker using the Crust Forming Tool. Be careful not to stretch or tear the crusts.
- Cut 4 circles for the top crust using the smaller side of the Crust Cutting Tool, form the upper crusts. Set the 4 smaller upper crusts aside.
- Equally fill the lower crusts with the peach filling, spooning about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of filling into each crust.
- Top each pie with one of the smaller circles for the upper pie crust. If necessary, use the smaller side of the Crust
- Cutting Tool to cut away any excess crust. Do this only if the pie maker has cooled down.
- Whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon of water and brush lightly over the upper crust.
- Plug in the pie maker and bake 11 to 15 minutes until brown. Remove and cool completely.
- Whisk together confectioners’ sugar and 1 tablespoon water juice and vanilla. Adjust the water as needed so that it is drizzling consistency when the fork is lifted out.
- Drizzle the glaze lightly over each pie.