Pear Cranberry Mini Pie Recipe
This recipe will be your new winter favorite. Taste the festive cranberries and the freshness of fall picked pears in this pie with a little kick of ginger.
This makes 4 – 6 individual pies.
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 8 ounces fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 2 medium Bartlett pears
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Pastry dough for 4 lower and 4 upper pie crusts
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- To make the pie filling, combine water and one cup of sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring the this to a boil over medium heat. Stir constantly until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the cranberries to the mixture and simmer for about ten minutes of until the berries are tender. We are sweetening the cranberries. Drain the liquid off.
- Peel, core and dice pears into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Mix together the pears, ginger, 1/4 cup sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl. Add the sweetened cranberries to the mixture with some lemon zest. The filling is ready.
- Cut 4 circles from the pie crust using the larger side of the Crust Cutting Tool, form the lower pie crusts into each pie cavity in the pie maker using the Crust Forming Tool. Be careful not to stretch or tear the crusts.
- Cut 4 circles for the top crust using the smaller side of the Crust Cutting Tool, form the upper crusts. Set the 4 smaller upper crusts aside.
- Equally fill the lower crusts with the blueberry filling, spooning about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of filling into each crust.
- Top each pie with one of the smaller circles for the upper pie crust. If necessary, use the smaller side of the Crust
- Cutting Tool to cut away any excess crust. Do this only if the pie maker has cooled down.
- Whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon of water and brush lightly over the upper crust.
- Plug in the pie maker and bake 11 to 15 minutes until brown. Remove and cool completely.
- Whisk together confectioners’ sugar and 1 tablespoon water juice and vanilla. Adjust the water as needed so that it is drizzling consistency when the fork is lifted out.
- Drizzle the glaze lightly over each pie.