Lemon Blueberry Mini Pie Recipe
If you want to perfect this blueberry pie recipe, add a tablespoon of grated Granny Smith apple. Rich in pectin, apples helped thicken the berries and enhance their flavor.
This makes 4 individual pies.
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- Pastry dough for 4 lower and 4 upper pie crusts
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Combine the blueberries and sugar. Hold back a tablespoon of the berries. Cook over medium heat in a small saucepan, stirring occasionally for 4 to 5 minutes, or until it boils, the sugar is dissolved and fruit is softened.
- Mix together the cornstarch and with 2 tablespoons of water until dissolved Combine the cornstarch mixture with the blueberries. Cook, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes, or until it thickens. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice and the tablespoon of uncooked berries. Allow the mixture to cool some.
- Cut 4 circles from the pie crust using the larger side of the Crust Cutting Tool, form the lower pie crusts into each pie cavity in the pie maker using the Crust Forming Tool. Be careful not to stretch or tear the crusts.
- Cut 4 circles for the top crust using the smaller side of the Crust Cutting Tool, form the upper crusts. Set the 4 smaller upper crusts aside.
- Equally fill the lower crusts with the blueberry filling, spooning about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of filling into each crust.
- Top each pie with one of the smaller circles for the upper pie crust. If necessary, use the smaller side of the Crust Cutting Tool to cut away any excess crust. Do this only if the pie maker has cooled down.
- Whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon of water and brush lightly over the upper crust.
- Plug in the pie maker and bake 11 to 15 minutes until brown. Remove and cool completely.
- Whisk together confectioners’ sugar and 1 tablespoon water juice and vanilla. Adjust the water as needed so that it is drizzling consistency when the fork is lifted out.
- Drizzle the glaze lightly over each pie.