Chicken Pot Mini Pie Recipe
No need to buy frozen pot pies, bake them yourselves. It’s perfectly fine to use mixed frozen vegetables for this recipe.
This makes about 8 individual pies.
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast - cubed
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) butter
- 1/3 cup Chopped Onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 3/4 cup water optional to add to broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery.
- Add water to cover and boil for 20 minutes until meat is cooked.
- Remove from heat, drain off all liquid but a 1 3/4 cups and set aside.
- In the sauce pan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and traslucent.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Slowly stir in saved chicken mixture with broth and milk. Add water if not enough liquid.
- Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the chicken mixture in bottom pie crust. Becareful not to over fill.
- Cover with top pie crust.
- Cut 4 circles from the pie crust using the larger side of the Crust Cutting Tool, form the lower pie crusts into each pie cavity in the pie maker using the Crust Forming Tool. Be careful not to stretch or tear the crusts.
- Cut 4 circles for the top crust using the smaller side of the Crust Cutting Tool, form the upper crusts. Set the 4 smaller upper crusts aside.
- Equally fill the lower crusts with the chicken filling, spooning about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of filling into each crust.
- Top each pie with one of the smaller circles for the upper pie crust.
- Whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon of water and brush lightly over the upper crust.
- Plug in the pie maker and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until brown. Remove and cool completely.